[HACK][4GHOTSPOT] 4G router as wifi hotspot with good battery life suggestions
I am trying to have a good 4G wifi hotspot, please share your thoughts?
1) I want to have a full control over the device, if able to run a linux directly will be the best or some kind of router linux, which can setup firewall , VPN etc on it.
2) Good battery life, like able to have 15-20 hours usage time.
3) Not too heavy, less than 250g.
4) Cost less than 150 USD.
Some of my thoughts:
1) Have an android phone which was able to be hacked to have full control(run linux directly etc), turn it into a 4G hotspot only, and remove the screen connection to save battery(no need to have a display).
2) Using something like "GlocalMe G3" or "GlocalMe U2", and have it hacked to have full control. (I have the U2 device, looks like it is using MSM8909, and running android, but I am not able to hack into it yet, may need some helps from you guys).
PS: not able to post the link, pls try to google "GlocalMe U2" if you want to learn more about the device.
Thank you for sharing your ideas.