Architekt is a custom Virtual Machine that can be used with Mac OSX, Windows, and Linux. It includes everything you need to sync with the repo of your choice (Cyanogenmod, AOKP, AOSP, etc) and start compiling Android ROMs. This version includes Java 6 for compiling Gingerbread thru Kitkat. To compile Android L, switch to OpenJDK7.
- Latest Arch system
- XFCE Desktop Environment
- All necessary packages for compiling
- No junk (games, etc)
- Geany for editing code
All you have to do is download the source!
The only requirement is that your host machine supports a 64 bit OS. 32 bit systems will not work!
1. Download and install VirtualBox for your host system from .
2. Download the latest architekt zip archive and extract architekt.ova to your hard drive.
3. Start VB, click File > Import Appliance. Select "Open Appliance" and choose architekt.ova, then click Next to import the virtual machine.
4. Highlight architekt in VirtualBox Manager and open Settings. Under "System" you will want to give it more RAM and Processor Cores. The higher these values are, the faster you will compile ROMs.
5. Start the machine, pull up a terminal and initialize a git repo. Once the source is finished downloading, you're ready to go!
Please hit the "Thanks" button if this post helps you out!