One Plus One ($365) or Xperia Z2 ($480) for 5/1/2015, Help me decide, which should I get?
So as the title states I am super torn between which phone to buy. I am upgrading from an old LG so both phones are going to be extremely faster than what I currently have. I have read tons of reviews on all the phones out there but unfortunately most of these reviews are from awhile ago when the 1+ wasn't available to the public, so I would like to hear some current opinions.
Basically what I'm seeing is,
- both phones are going to be the same speed at processing.
- Z2 is waterproof (I kayak and sail so this could be good)
- Z2 I can buy a $60 2 year accidental extended warranty directly off sony website. Useful in case the waterproofing on the Z2 doesn't work as advertised.
- Haven't been able to determine which phone has the better camera (so many biased reviews out there)
- Not sure how reputable the OnePlus manufacturer is? I know Sony is reputable and will be around a year from now. Will One Plus?
- The Z2 has better batter life, can last up to two days. The 1+ only one day on average. Is this true?
- I've been told that by now any Z2 I buy from Sony has had heating issues fixed so that's not a problem, but I heard 1+ has that issue still
- Build quality wise which is better?
- Wireless magnetic charging for Z2
- $120 CHEAPER FOR 1+ ( if I buy Z2 I will get the accidental plan tho, so 1+ is $180 cheaper
While price is a key point this phone is going to be in my pocket for the next 2-3 years. Any personal experiences with the phones would be great! I know that both phones will feel great in hand and am just trying to determine if the savings the 1+ offers is worth the risk, or just to be safe and buy Z2? Which would you suggest that I buy? Thanks!