I am a new beginner of android. I am trying to rebuild the kernel with profiling support for Samsung galaxy s2 (GT-i9100). After flashing my custom rom to my phone, my phone does not work.
This is how I do it:
1.Downloaded the image I9100XXLP6_I9100OXXLP3_OXX and flashed my galaxy s2 mobile using odin software. now my Galaxy s2 works fine with ICS build (kernel version - #3, Ardroid version - 4.0.3).
2. Downloaded the samsung galaxy s2 source code GT-I9100_ICS_Opensource_Update8.zip from opensoure.samsung.com and cross compiler arm-eabi-4.4.3.
3. Use the initramfs from github (Since I am a new user of this forum, I can not post outside link here; I google with "arighi/initramfs-gt-i9100.git" and use the first link)
4. Through "make menuconfig" to enable the profiling support and configure the initramfs source path as specified at step 3.
5. After compiling, I can get the custom zImage of size about 8 MB
6. Then I use "tar -cvf mykernel.tar zImage" to generate my custom rom; and then flash it to my phone through odin.
7. Now my phone boots with a kernel panic upload mode screen and my phone doesn't work.
1. Does the initramfs cause the problem? If it is, where can I get the matched initramfs for the kernel source code?
2. Is there anything wrong in my above steps?
I would be very appreciated if someone could help me.