Can you help me select an Android tablet, 10.1" screen or higher? Waterproof?
I have been waiting forever for a Sony Z5 tablet, and I think forever is how long it will take.
1) bootloader can be unlocked
2) some decent custom ROM/root support
3) 32GB LOCAL system storage, or 128 if no expansion card. 16GB is not enough for local system storage and I'm not a fan of adoptable storage (was slow on my sony z2 tablet, maybe better now).
4) Waterproof - or at least has a very reputable waterproof case for sale.
5) Would prefer 4 GB RAM or even 6/8 if possible.
I've gone through GSM arena, various reviews, and it seems the only one that comes close is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 is the only one that meets most of the requirements. Obviously not the Verizon one (bootloader) or probably through any other carrier.
I maintain that the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet was the best tablet ever made for Android. That said, the versions I had only had 16 GB of local storage, or a 32 GB one from Verizon I managed to brick (first time out of many unlockings/rootings), and the battery isn't what it once was. I am tempted to get a Z4 but they are still very expensive and now many years old. I won't be swimming laps with the thing but want it to survive a drop in a pool, hot tub, etc like the Z2 was.
Any help would be appreciated - and if you think a tablet that will meet my needs is coming out in the next 4-6 months, please reply as well.